A Voice Kissed by Angel: Billie Eilish



"Happiness is not something I’m familiar with at all. I go through a lot of depression. I feel like a lot of people who go through depression don’t really want to think about it or know it, but I’m super aware."


Billie Eilish. A 17-year-old omnipotent singer. 

Born on December 18, 2001, Billie Eilish born in a Los Angeles performing arts family, mother Maggie Baird is a musician, father O'Connell is an actor, Brother is a musician, too. Billie's music is mostly done in the studio with her brother at home. Therefore, Billie's music is praised by foreign media as "modern voice, but an ancient way of music production", and also symbolize the house. With the rise of video recording, everyone has the opportunity to make music at home and become popular overnight. Billie Eilish uses her angel's pure face and sings strange and horrible lyrics to create a very strong contrast that attracts a group of teenagers in her age. 

At this age, you're probably still sitting in the classroom doing your homework, and Eilish has started writing songs, but because she's only 17 years old, she often suffers from public queries: 

"They will say, you're only 17 years old, how do you know what love is, what depression is, and the feeling that you don't want to be a person anymore?"

But what about youth? Only when you are young enough and passionate about love can you feel the breakdown brought about by your lover. So Eilish never pays attention to other people's criticism and only makes his own songs. Besides My Boy about her predecessor, Ocean Eyes, which evokes sad feelings, there are also copycat used to scold those girls who constantly imitate her. If you had the same experience, it would be very pleasant to hear Eilish's songs.


Billie Eilish was a self-taught student at home before it became a hit. In 2015, Billie recorded a song Ocean Eyes for his brother's Orchestra and sent it to a ballet teacher in the hope of choreographing the song. However, he accidentally became popular overnight after the release of Soundcloud, sweeping the media in an instant, and was also noticed by big companies Darkroom and Interscope Records. Billie got a lot of positive reviews with the help of the brokerage company. Chris Deville of Stereogum once said, "This song is perfect and pure pop music. It's a simple song eager to be reconciled with her predecessor. I can totally imagine that this song will become a big hit." Yeas has won nearly 240 million hits in Spotify. Billie Eilish launched four Ocean Eyes Remix in 2017. As his own EP, it is also included in his first studio EP "Don't Smile At Me".


My favorite song "Six Feet Under"

Help, I lost myself again
But I remember you

Don't come back, it won't end well
But I wish you'd tell me too
Our love is six feet under
I can't help but wonder

If our grave was watered by the rain
Would roses bloom?
Could roses bloom
Again?
Retrace my lips
Erase your touch

It's all too much for me
Blow away
Like smoke in air
How can you die carelessly?
Our love is six feet under
I can't help but wonder

If our grave was watered by the rain
Would roses bloom?
Could roses bloom?
They're playing our sound
Laying us down tonight

And all of these clouds
Crying us back to life
But you're cold as a knife
Six feet under
I can't help but wonder

If our grave was watered by the rain
Bloom
Bloom
Again
Help, I lost myself again
But I remember you


留言

  1. hey Amber Im Connie!! ohhhhhh holy shit are you freaking kidding me?!!!! I love Billie so much!!!!! i also love six feet under a lot but my favorite song of her is bellyache. I love her style and her personality. she is so cute and super talented. I followed her like in 2016 and her youtube channel only got 30 thousand at that time, and now is like 10 million!!! she is a rising star for sure and she's only 17, that's so crazy oh my god!!! I love her so much, if she came to Taiwan I would definitely buy the ticket at once.

    回覆刪除

張貼留言

這個網誌中的熱門文章

An informal email to yourself in ten years

Violent Aesthetics: Love X Death X Robots

Dessert Life: Romantic French Pastry